A Language Test for Younger Students
- Go to the NOELLA Site Now
- NOELLA (for all languages except Russian) will soon be delivered through Avant Assessment as STAMP 4Se. For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 888-718-7887.
Measures Proficiency of Younger Students
Younger students respond to different curriculum and teaching methods than older learners. Assessments to measure proficiency of these younger students should similarly address their needs. CASLS created the National Online Early Language Learning Assessment (NOELLA) with these students in mind.
• Engage in real-world language situations
• Emphasize what students can do with the language
• NOELLA creates an enjoyable testing experience for young learners.
Benefits for Teachers
• Provides easy-to-use data
• Perfect for checking progress, program and standards review, staff development, and instructional planning
• Teachers will be able to see an estimated proficiency level score and a scaled score for students who have finished the reading and listening sections.
• Teachers will have the option of grading their students' answers to the speaking and writing sections. A rubric is provided.
• The reading and listening sections are computer adaptive. Students who answer items correctly will receive more difficult test questions. The speaking and writing sections are not adaptive.
• The reading and listening sections consist of multiple choice questions. Speaking and writing sections are open ended.
Screenshot from NOELLA