Professional E-portfolio for Language Educators
- Project website and access coming soon!
- Levels: Elementary school, middle school, high school, university
- Languages: Any
- Cost: Free of charge
E-portfolios aren’t just for students, and they’re not the only ones who benefit from reflective practice. We as educators can benefit, too. Research shows that reflective practice facilitates a growth mindset. Those who believe they can develop their intelligence outperform those who believe intelligence is fixed.
We’ve been providing e-portfolios for students since 2008. In partnership with Professionals in Education Advancing Research and Language Learning (PEARLL), we’re now developing a professional e-portfolio for educators.
Set professional goals, self-assess progress, showcase work, and reflect on your career path. Our professional e-portfolio, TELLfolio, also includes learning resources, which we’ll expand in the next four years to include a one-on-one peer mentoring system.
With TELLfolio, educators can:
- Compare their current practices to the Teacher Effectiveness for Language Learning (TELL) framework, a research-based set of characteristics and behaviors that model world language teachers exhibit
- Set and monitor goals for professional growth
- Upload work samples such as videos and planning documents
- Connect with professional learning resources, including peer-to-peer mentoring