Language Careers at CASLS
Language careers have the ability to open up entire worlds and cultures to students, and we hope you will consider becoming part of the CASLS team.
CASLS is comprised of a diverse group of multilingual people working together toward a common goal: improving the teaching and learning of world languages. Our innovative solutions to language learning emanate from the creative recombination and application of ideas and technologies.
We emphasize teamwork, yet value independent thinking and creativity. We support employees’ quest to find a home/work balance. We focus on results, and employees are free to accomplish their work in a way that best suits them.
Pro Tem Research Assistant Applicant Pool
- View the full job posting
- Applications will be reviewed as needs arise
CASLS, through the Global Studies Institute (GSI), is seeking qualified applicants for its open research pool. Positions are limited duration appointments potentially renewable for up to a total of three years. In limited circumstances, there is the possibility of renewal beyond three years based on programmatic need, funding, and performance.
Candidates would assist any one of the GSI units with research and development projects. Potential areas of research include: second language acquisition; applied research on world language curriculum, technology-based tools, or assessment; intersection of digital technologies in the world language/global classroom; curriculum development for international and area studies; pedagogy and teaching effectiveness.
- BA or BS
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment, and pedagogy OR experience in educational software development and delivery, website design and interface, or programming experience OR experience developing international and area studies curriculum
- Native or near-native proficiency in a language other than English
- Masters or doctoral degree in linguistics, language education, international and area studies, or related field
- Teaching experience
- Basic knowledge of statistics, psychometrics, and/or second language acquisition
- Experience in website design and interface for educational tools and/or knowledge of software development
- Experience creating and executing professional development or other specialized workshops
- Demonstrated experience in international academic program development
- View the full job posting
- Posting Closes May 7, 2018
The Graphic Designer works with a team of pedagogy specialists to design user interfaces and media assets for online language learning tools. The Graphic Designer also develops web and print materials, including logos, for CASLS overall and for the center’s specific, grant-funded projects.
- Four years of graphic design experience OR
- Associate degree with three years of graphic design experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of graphic design experience
- Two years’ experience designing user interfaces and assets for websites, online tools, and/or mobile applications
- Two years’ experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and/or InVision