- Levels: Elementary school, middle school, high school, university
- Languages: Any
- Cost: Free of charge
We know teachers have so much to do. Many of us at CASLS have been in your shoes: long nights grading, meeting with parents, going to planning meetings with colleagues, and somehow finding time to support students’ interpersonal and intellectual development. We want to make finding quality teaching materials a little easier and a whole lot less time consuming.
InterCom is a weekly email digest that offers just-in-time information in easy-to-digest portions. It is customizable by target language, level, and content area (such as curriculum, professional development, or assessment), so you receive only the information that matters to you.
Our editor monitors professional online communications such as listservs, blogs, and organizational websites to find the most relevant, useful information and resources for language professionals.
Each InterCom issue includes:
- Topic of the Week: a brief introduction to an issue relevant to language teaching and learning
- Activity of the Week: a classroom-ready activity exemplifying the week’s topic
- Spotlight: a highlight of Title VI Language Resource Center activities
- Curated Resources: links to carefully selected publications, language-specific resources, and professional development opportunities
Many methods instructors have found InterCom a helpful resource to include in their curriculum. Learn more about integrating InterCom into the curriculum by downloading our PDF brochure.