STAMP: Standards-based Measurement of Proficiency
Visit STAMP at Avant Assessment
- Levels: Middle school, high school, university
- Languages developed at CASLS: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Cost: Varies by language
Affordable and Accurate Proficiency Test for Language Programs Across The Country
Assessments provide a valuable opportunity for teachers to monitor their students’ progress toward proficiency. We listened to practicing teachers as our team envisioned the Standards-based Measurement of Proficiency (STAMP). As a result, this four-skills assessment has easy-to-read reports of students’ scores. These reports can help teachers make adjustments in their classroom to improve student outcomes.
- Provides validated, easy-to-use data
- Perfect for checking progress, placement, program and standards review, staff development, and instructional planning
- Access to longitudinal individual speaking and writing samples
As students complete the test, they are able to view rubrics that set expectations of their responses to the test questions. We encourage teachers to use these same proficiency-based rubrics during regular coursework to help students practice using the target language in real-life scenarios.
We at CASLS completed the research and development of STAMP, which Avant Assessment now delivers. Avant provides quality test delivery, technical support, and customer service to those administering STAMP.